Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sew Much Fun!

Crafting is something that I have always enjoyed doing.  Sure, you can buy just about anything you could ever want/need at a store these days, but there is something so satisfying about creating something out of nothing!  I guess I get this from my mom.  Throughout the years we have gone through all types of crafting phases ~ candle making, soap making, basket weaving, latch-hook rugs, (all of which were pretty big "flops" by the way), scrapbooking, knitting, and crocheting (these last 3 are still pretty popular with us).  The past few months though, I have been learning how to sew on a machine and I LOVE it!  There is something so relaxing about it.  I sit down at my sewing table and I instantly feel the stress of the day melting away.  I don't know about you, but I really like to see pictures of how people set up their crafting spaces.  I decided to snap a few pictures of my sewing area to post here.  I'm sure it will change as I get more into sewing, but for now it is perfect for my needs!

Sewing tray: scissors and fabric pens are in the cup, extra bobbins are in the drawers, misc. sewing notions are in the big glass jar (it makes it easier to see what I have, and it adds a decorative flair), snaps and buttons are in the snap-n-lock containers.
My sewing table in the corner of my craft room.  Fabric is organized by type in the bins.  All of my supplies are on the wooden tray.



As many of you know, I use cloth diapers on my baby girl, so I have recently been really into making cloth wipes out of super-soft flannel. Even if you don't cloth diaper, these wipes are great for sticky hands and faces! I keep a basket of them by my kitchen sink to use for after mealtime clean-up. I just throw them in with my daily laundry. Simple as can be! Softer than paper towels, and better for the environment (and your wallet!). Here is a picture of some adorable puppy-print wipes that I made for a lady today. These were my first official "special order" for a paying customer. Yay for a new side-business! :)

3 comments: