Friday, December 9, 2011

Takes One to Know One!

I'm sure everyone has heard their mom say "I hope you get a kid just like you one day!" when you were misbehaving as a child. Well, I have to say that MY MOM'S WISH CAME TRUE!!! Don't get me wrong, I was actually a really well behaved kid. I was pretty introverted and could spend hours on end playing quietly in my room with my baby dolls or Barbies. However, I ALWAYS had to get the last word in! 99% of my punishments as a child were due to me talking back to my mom (which she couldn't stand!).

Flash forward about 20 years and I am now the mother of a little girl who is the queen of talking back! She is the polar opposite from me in most respects: she is very outgoing, attention seeking, adventurous, and wild. BUT... when it comes to her smart mouth, I can tell that she is definitely my child! ;)

Sometimes she exasperates me, infuriates me, and makes me want to pull my hair out, but at the end of the day all she has to do is flash me that beautiful smile of hers and all of the frustration is replaced by an overwhelming feeling of love and admiration for my little mini-me.


No comments:

Post a Comment